ITIL ® Intermediate Service Offerings and Agreements (SOA) Training
ITIL Service Offerings and Agreements module is one of the Service Capability modules. SOA enables the candidate to apply SOA practices in Service management lifecycle.
Candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification:
- Service Management as a Practice
- Processes across the Service Lifecycle pertaining to the Service Offerings and Agreement curriculum
- Service Portfolio Management which provides documentation for services and prospective services in business terms
- Service Catalogue Management which is concerned with the production and documentation of the Service Catalogue from a business and a technical viewpoint
- Service Level Management which sets up a Service Level Agreement (SLA) structure and ensures that all SLAs have an underpinning support structure in place
- Demand Management which identifies Patterns of Business Activity to enable the appropriate strategy to be implemented
- Supplier Management which ensures all partners and suppliers are managed in the appropriate way and includes contract management
- Financial Management which includes ensuring understanding of the service value and the management of all financial considerations
- Business Relationship Managers who have responsibility to represent customers and ensure the Service Catalogue and Portfolio have the right needs
- Operational activities of processes covered in other Lifecycle phases such as Incident and Change Management
- Common Service Operation activities related to Service Offerings and Agreement
- Organizing for Service Operation which describe functions to be performed within Service Offerings and Agreement
- Service Offerings and Agreement roles and responsibilities
- Technology and Implementation Considerations
- hallenges, Critical Success Factors and risks
- CSI as a consequence of effective Service Offerings and Agreement.
Candidates aspiring training and certification for this qualification must already hold ITIL foundation certificate.